Saturday, January 08, 2005

Completed Joy

Jn3, 22-30

So this joy of mine has been made complete.
He must increase; I must decrease.

In his homily on the occasion of his installation as the new parish priest, the new pastor said to his congregation, " I am here to be with you and to be your servant. I am here as an instrument of God. As your servant, I am for you. I am here to be used even by you for God."

The greatest joy a servant can ever have is to see his master happy, satisfied and contented with his work. His is a life for his master. As long as his master remains happy, the servant's joy is immeasurable! And his joy is made complete by his master's sucesses and glory!

This is the same joy a teacher would feel when a student would shine in his career. This is the same joy I would feel when I would concelebrate for the first time in a Eucharistic celebration with a former student, now a priest.

My work is being completed, as my joy; let him who I have served grow and take his place!