Sunday, November 25, 2007

it rained...


There was an overcast sky when I arrived (together with Bros. Tony, Joey, Ben and his wife, Sis. Lourdes) at the Parish of St. Thomas Aquinas, Mangaldan, Pangasinan, the host for this year's Cristo Rey celebration. We parked at the school grounds. It was around quarter to two in the afternoon.

I noticed Tony and Joey brought their umbrellas. I brought mine, too.

The procession started on time. With the sun behind the clouds, it was the best time to have the procession, I said to myself. I heard the same observation from other devotees.

The drizzle came about 20 minutes into the procession. Some opened their umbrellas. Fr. Agoy Mejia opened his. I did, too.

The drizzle soon stopped.

---------

The mass was celebrated. There were about two to three thousand who came to the celebration. The homilist commented that there was a drizzle as we were having the procession. He prayed that it would not rain! Although he said, "seguro!" (probably).

He had not gone halfway in his homily when the rains poured in! And the umbrellas were opened! The rains did not stop until the end of the mass. And yet, the people did not move away nor leave!

Viva Cristo Rey!