Thursday, August 02, 2007

Miss me - but let me go!

Separation from a beloved is painful. I remember when I entered the Minor Seminary in Binmaley, Pangasinan as a 12 year old boy how painful it was to be separated from my family for the first time. It was a painful ache that longed to be soothed; but it would not go away. There was a melancholic longing for the familiar against the backdrop of the unfamiliar, new surroundings of the seminary.

Separation from a loved one because of death is much more difficult and much more painful to bear. The longing for the beloved is more intense, more painful, and the ache, more heartrending. How much we miss the beloved and long for the familiar warmth and soothing voice, the loving presence and the idle talk.

How can we bear all this?

We only have to let go.

Miss me -- but let me go
Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little--but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me--but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me--But Let me Go